page-header

M&M’s

M&M’s configurator was previously designed by a team from Photon, and the performance was poor. The conversion rate was terrible. From the user study I did with Fullstory, users were suffering tremendously. I was brought on board as their last UX resort. It took me three months to completely change the customizer from unusable to well-performing. I also did feature optimizations to turn around the entire experience.

 

The problem with the designers who came up with the bad experience was that they were good visual designers, but bad at UX experience. They didn’t seem to know the basics of UX 101. This happens a lot with junior UI designers. They lack real-world experience when trying to be creative; sure, they can design things that look good, but they almost always fail to understand the user’s basic needs.

 

It took me 2 weeks to collect users’ challenges and pain points. There were a lot, but I was able to come up with solutions that would fix most. I also did a benchmark study to show M&M’s that my design update recommendations would work. There always needs to be competitor examples to proceed.

gallery-item
gallery-item
gallery-item
gallery-item
gallery-item
gallery-item
gallery-item

 

After 3 sprints, we have a working customizer that performs much better. The clients are happy. We also get to propose come additional new features before the project closes.

Skills: Data Analytics, UI, User Study, Sketch

Compatible: Tablet, Mobile, Desktop

Client: M&M's